Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekly Update

This was a good week. I went to the gym 4 times and have been getting off of my ass more. I changed my workout splits and don't know why I didn't do this previously. My new splits look like this:

Day 1 : Chest & Shoulders

Day 2: Back  & Traps

Day 3: Legs (Quads & Hams)

Day 4: Calves/Bi's/Tri's/Sprints


This helped me get through a full arm workout for the first time in a while. When I was done with the major muscles, my tri's or bi's would be so worn out that I could barely get through anything, and not get sore at all.

This week of eating hasn't gone exactly that great. There was a lot of things that happened that I ended up saying eff it and eating more calories than I was supposed to. I think this was a result of me trying to lower calories too much. I had planned on doing 2200 cals per day for the week and this is just not feasible. Although I make good choices when eating out, I over ate because I was so hungry at the end. This goes back to the low carb thing, but I am not going to go into that right now. On Fridays, my wife and I have date night. This week we ended up going to a local bar/pub type of place. I ate some chicken nuggets that aren't breaded, but wrapped in bacon and fried, then dipped in buffalo sauce. I am sure the 6 wings I ate were in the 750-1000 calorie range, which would've been fine but I ate chips & queso and some french fries. This wouldn't have been a big deal had I not gone over calories the next two days. Ohwell live and learn. I decided this week that I am going to weigh and track everything, but I am also going to listen to myself. If I am starving at the end of the day I need to eat regardless of calories. Being hungry is what causes me and others to fail at any diet change and this was no exception. I have been eating things like rice, beans and oatmeal which are generally not recommended with a paleo style approach. I am going to cut those things out this week and see how I fair in terms of dieting.

The Ocean Avenue products have been pretty good to me. I have been on a smoothie kick and the WheyBeyond smoothie protein mix is far superior to regular protein. It doesn't cause any bloating and it tastes 10x better than just a regular vanilla protein.

I have however decided to discontinue use of the Focus and Invigorate. These things gave me random headaches and the trade off wasn't much energy. Right now, I only have one large cup of coffee in the morning and that is it. I do have several packages left of the Focus energy supplement and if anyone wants to try it, I can send a couple to you to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment