Sunday, June 24, 2012

Food, Food, and Food

Today was a crazy day. It was finally time to weigh in. Also, being dedicated to a paleo diet means that you must buy groceries and cook them. This can be very tough for a family to deal with, but with everyone on board, I got through it.

I had to go to the grocery store 3 times today. Yep 3 times. First round was for some meat that I had missed from Saturday's farmer's market excursion. Basically was Fish, and some other odds and ends. The 2nd time I had to get veggies as I had written down some ingredients that I needed for sauces and other side dishes for the week. The 3rd trip was for propane as the grill would not start.

Here is what I ended up with

These pork chops were MASSIVE from the farmer's market. After 2 hours of cooking and preparing everything thing. It looked more like this:


 This was dinner, the green stuff was a spinach & walnut pesto. Was the best pork chop that I've ever eaten.

This is what food I ended up with. The red containers are post workout meals, lean protein + 4 oz of sweet potato and a few asparagus spears. The black container is breakfast for a few days which contains 12 eggs and the foil holds some back and left over pork chops that I will be using for breakfast. Lots of work, but makes the week easier when coming home from work on a time constraint. I will be doing another mass cooking on Wednesday. I try to do this two days a week for freshness. Sometimes chicken that sits in the fridge for more than a few days tastes awful.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Nate, you are doing an awesome job, This is awesome, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome - one of the biggest problems we run into with fresh produce is waste. Going to follow your example and start mass cooking a few times a week also!

    ReplyDelete