Monday, July 9, 2012

Half Way Point Weigh In

Technically the mid way point was three days ago. I was unable to weigh in on that day due to driving. My buddy Joshua who is doing the advocare half of this challenge was also unable to weigh in and get measured due to being on vacation. Why did we both choose to do this when we knew we had vacation? I have no idea, but it sure has taught me a valuable lesson.

Here are my current pictures. I cannot tell you how many compliments that I've gotten saying that I have lost weight, and that I look good. This is a great confidence builder for anyone. I still have a long way to go, but I will get there!

 Here are my measurements from the first day:
Chest (nipple line) 46 inches
 Waist (above belly button, which i have no idea why they'd call it waist....) 43.5 inches
Thighs: 27 inches
 Arms: 16 inches
Hips (around the butt) 44 inches
Weight 254.2

Here are my current measurements
Chest: 45 inches (down 1 inch)
Waist: 42 inches (down 1.5 inches)
Thighs: 26 inches (down 1 inch)
Arms: 16 inches (17 flexed) (same)
Hips: 44 inches (same)
Weight 249.2 (down 5 lbs)

Not too bad at all! I am getting stronger like crazy and feel like I am building muscle. I am down in almost every main area except my butt..Which is good because I like my junk in my trunk ;)





 





Here is my current weight. There are some factors that may have contributed to this weight. For one I didn't eat 100% paleo during my vacation. I had some cheese fondue one day, a bite of cornbread, corn chips, and even a crown and water or a glass of wine.. The valuable lesson I learned is, you can do that. You can cheat every once in a while. You can reward yourself and let loose. It's how you do it and why you do it. I did it because it was vacation and a special occasion to me. I did it because I wanted a night out with my wife, in another city. I did it because I got to spend time with my best friends in my home town and had a great time. Sure I could've been down a few more pounds, but would that have been worth more than me having a good time? Maybe, maybe not.  



When I started this challenge, in my head, I had a three tiered goal. Worst case, realistic and crazy. I do this to put things in perspective. My worst case goal was not losing any weight. My whole life  I struggled with this notion in my head. There were times that I'd get on the scale daily and my whole workout would rest on if I had lost weight or not. If I didn't, my work out would suffer. I would go into a depressed state like a child who got in trouble. My realistic goal was 15 pounds. I figure if I can eat in a caloric deficit and workout a ton more than I had been, I'd be fine to lose 15 pounds. My crazy goal was to lose 25 pounds. This is something I made up and put out there to know that a) if I lost 25 pounds in 24 days, it wouldn't be healthy and B) that it's pretty hard to do. So right now I am down 5 pounds. I am only 1/3 of the way to that mark, but again I cheated a bit. I think this is working out and can't wait to see what my competitor is doing with his crossfit/advocare plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment